I'm 40. It's time to give up booze. I don't think I’m an alcoholic but I know that I drink too much when I’m stressed. I have had a drink on every night of every day for as long as I can remember. It got to the point where a bottle of wine wasn't enough in a night and to me it has become something that bothers me. So, as of Sunday 5th august (my first day back from holiday) I have quit the terrible booze. This is a blog of my experience. Booze Away!

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Social Pressure and incomprehension

I am encountering a lot of this at the moment. I am not sure if it is because of how people see me or how they see drinking as a whole. Whilst in the South of France we were sitting in Cannes having dinner watching the rich and the beautiful drifting past, I told a friend that I didn't drink anymore. He said, 'So when are you going to start again?' He assumed that I had just taken a temporary abstinence. When I said never. he said I was a twat and of course I would start again. I said he should go and give that supportive speech to the AA meetings!

Another friend I went out with last night just thought it was strange and a bit sad that we couldn't drink beers together anymore. He actually didn't drink as much as we would have done normally. Maybe in sympathy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.