I'm 40. It's time to give up booze. I don't think I’m an alcoholic but I know that I drink too much when I’m stressed. I have had a drink on every night of every day for as long as I can remember. It got to the point where a bottle of wine wasn't enough in a night and to me it has become something that bothers me. So, as of Sunday 5th august (my first day back from holiday) I have quit the terrible booze. This is a blog of my experience. Booze Away!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Update

So far, so good. I have been sick with some kind of virus the last two days so having anything alcoholic was the furthest thing from my mind anyway. I had mentioned to the kids that I don't like the taste of beer anymore. My youngest daughter decided to tell the adults at kindergarten that 'Daddy doesn't drink beer anymore.' A little embarrasing. I have been rereading the Seven Habits by Stephen Covey and will write more on that later. Coming up to 2 weeks this Sunday and I haven't really missed the booze too much.

No comments: